A detailed analysis of your daily routine and habits will tailor specific behaviour and supplement strategies to your unique lifestyle, needs ad goals.
* nuerochemical and hormonal imbalances have been shown to be implicated in mental and sexual health dysfunction.
* medication may be helpful to restore balance, making it more accessible to learn and implement new skills and strategies.
* this may include pscyhotropic medications, examples include “anit-depressants,” SSRIs or SNRIs, as well as hormone replacement. I practice Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
The Daring Way TM
A method utilizing Brené Brown’s research on vulnerability, courage, shame and worthiness to examine unhelpful thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, and identify new choices and practices to move toward more authentic and wholehearted living.
The focus is on developing shame resilience skills, through daily practices of courage, to transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead. The Daring Way™
* An evidence based method of identifying and challenging unhelpful patterns of thinking and acting, to improve the way we feel.
* The focus is on developing logical and mindful skills to manage symptoms, achieve goals and feel better. Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
* The primary dialect in DBT is between the seemingly opposite strategies of acceptance and change.
* Skills of mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness and emotion regulation are used to “build a life worth living.”
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
* Based on the premise that acceptance enables the ability to move forward.
* The primary focus is on awareness of thoughts and feeling, being realistic about personal weaknesses and harnessing personal strengths to move in the direction of goal.
Exploring and supporting the process of behavioural change by examining individual barriers, motivations, and readiness.
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
* Utilizing Dr. Sue Johnson’s research with couples and attachment theory, EFT is a structured and systematic intervention exploring marital distress and adult love.
* The primary focus is to expand and re-organize key emotional responses, to shift and initiate new cycles of interaction, fostering the creation of a secure bond between couples.
The Gottman Method
Utilizing the couples based research of Dr. Gottman, the skills of friendship building, conflict management, trust building, commitment and mutual support of hopes and visions for the future are developed as means of building lasting relationships.
Managing Cancer and Living Meaningfully (CALM) Therapy
* A supportive - experiential framework designed to alleviate distress and promote psychological growth in individuals with advanced and terminal illness.
* Four content domains include:
1) symptom management and communication with healthcare providers
2) changes in self and relations with close others
3) sense of meaning and purpose
4) the future and mortality
Developed over 30 years ago, EMDR uses the natural healing mechanism of bilateral eye movements to desensitize the emotional disturbance of traumatic memories, and reprocess unhealthy beliefs with more positive ones. To learn more, click here.